Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Feathers of the Hawk Chapter 15

All I want to do here is inform you of my new posting pattern. I will post once a week - my Sunday morning - and hopefully continue doing so the whole year. I am doing it this way, because it will be easier when school starts again in two weeks or so. Also, I will tell you about Kahu and Eyolf's religion next chapter.







At first, Eyolf was too shocked to say anything. Only Kahu's anxious expression made him able to choke out, "Why tell me?"
Kahu sighed. "You deserved to know. You had to know what you were getting into, by allowing me into your heart. Eyolf, I love you. I know it might be hard to believe, but I really do." Kahu dropped her head after saying this. Eyolf put his arm around her and lifted her chin. Looking in her eyes, he said, "Kahu, listen to me. I love you too. Nothing you could say or do would make that go away. It is not my place to forbid you anything, much less something from your past. Maybe I don't like it, but I can't change it. The only thing I can do is believe you when you say that it is the past."
Kahu threw her arms around him. "Thank you. Thank you for understanding. Thank you for still loving me." Eyolf smiled and kissed her, softly pushing her down toward the floor. A knock on the door startled both of them. Quickly, they sat up, straitening their clothes, before Kahu called for whomever it was to enter. It was a servant.
"My lady, I am to inform you that dinner is ready, but if you are not wearing a dress, you are not allowed into the dining hall to eat."
"Thank you. Please inform my brother that he shouldn't count on me for dinner."
"Yes, my Lady. And the young gentleman?"
"Ask him."
"Err, I won't come either, I think," Eyolf said.
"Very well, I shall inform the master." The servant left, closing the door behind her.
"Nice! I've always wanted to order someone around," Eyolf said, laughing. Kahu laughed too, before rising.
"Where are you going?"
"To the kitchen. I think I will be able to persuade Cook to give us our dinner there. But hurry, the servant will tell my brother that you were with me. Now that you know why he is protective, and how he can react, you might want to accompany me."
"But how will you make sure he doesn't follow us to the kitchen?"
"By going through the secret passages for a while."
"This place has secret passages?" Eyolf's expression screamed excitement.
"Of course it does. Dad wasn't stupid. Come, I think I hear footsteps." Kahu went to a corner of her sitting room, close to the door. Eyolf quickly followed her. She opened a panel in the wall and motioned him to go through it, closing the panel when she had entered. Just in time too, for Kahu had just placed the panel in place again when Niall burst through the door, shouting and cursing.
"Selene Sidera Skye! How dare you, for Hemsk's sake, take a damned young man, curse him in name of Kvinna's right…"
Eyolf did not know half of the terms Niall used, but judging by Kahu's expression, the terms he used were quite rude.



No comments:

Post a Comment