Monday, May 9, 2011

Death Has Blue Eyes 1

Well, chapter 1. Get used to short chapters, because Death Has Blue Eyes probably won't have long chapters. Enjoy & comment.






After the old gypsy woman finished speaking, I was unable to move for a few seconds. When she stuck out her hand, I blinked. She wanted her money. I gave it. I still didn't move, though. I would die… because of some blue eyes? Nonsense. Still, when I finally rose, I felt … uncertain. What if she was right? Ricky had assured me that the woman could see past, present and future just as clear as some people, like us, saw our victims. And  I trusted Ricky. She was a tall, blond haired thief/spy, and even though she was officially named Erica, she always used the name Ricky. We worked together quite often. The assassin and the thief. A great couple. And we were, at least, according to my old army buddies-gone-assassin James and Parker.
The old woman's granddaughter led me to the door. When the door was almost closed, I caught a glimpse of blue.
"The next pair of blue eyes that you see will be the death of you."
Rubbish. Just some old woman's way of making you feel uncomfortable.
Yet for as long as I had known her – about five years , Ricky had never been wrong…

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a bit freaky...
    And did you change the font? It's a little difficult to read now... :?

    ReplyDelete