Friday, May 13, 2011

Feathers of the Hawk Chapter 10

Sooo, here's the new chapter. I had written it for a while already, but I was too lazy/busy to type it in and post it. There will be a new Death Has Blue Eyes soon.


"Selene!" Niall's tone told Kahu that he was expecting her to come immediately. She waited.
"Selene!" He was closer now.
"You should go," Eyolf whispered. "You told me yourself that he wouldn't handle this well."
"Not yet," Kahu answered. "He's become too used to being obeyed. I hate orders."
Eyolf laughed softly, but didn't say anything.
"Selene! Come here at once!" Niall was next to the stables. Kahu knew that he would enter the building. She motioned Eyolf to stay, and slid down from the hayloft where they had been talking for the past fifteen minutes. Kahu went into Agyei's box.
"Selene! There you are. Why didn't you react?" Kahu continued ignoring her brother. He walked up to her and shook her shoulder.
"What?"
"I called you four times," Niall said, before Kahu interrupted him.
"No," she corrected. "You called four times for someone named Selene. But, as I've told you over and over again, my name is no longer Selene. It is Kahu now."
If looks could kill, Niall would've been a murderer. But, then again, if looks could kill, Kahu would have been dead for countless times.
"Very well, Kahu," Niall said, stressing the last word carefully. "Can I talk to you for a while?"
"Of course, darling brother," Kahu said, her voice sweeter and stickier than honey. Poisoned honey.
"Come, we'll go to a place where we can sit."
"We can sit here."
"You're not stupid. You know what I meant."
Of course Kahu did. Niall didn't want to be overheard.
"Okay. But Eyolf has to come too."
"No. He can't come."
"He's my partner, Niall. Are told me that I had to take him with me. If you want to go against Are's orders, fine with me."
Niall sighed. "He's not coming." He held up a hand to stop Kahu's coming protest. "But you can tell him everything after."
"Okay."
"Let's go to my study."
"Fine with me."
In Niall's study, there was a fire crackling, even though it wasn't that cold outside.
"Now, what did you want to tell me?"
"I want to talk about the information you brought me. The information from Lord Are."
"That letter? What does it say?"
"You don't know?"
"If I did, would I've asked?"
"I guess not." Niall's mouth was a thin line. "Well, this letter gave me information about the fact that the werewolves and -cats are planning to attack."
"So? What's wrong with it?"
"It is old news. Even my own spies have found this information."
"Well, don't blame me, I'm just the messenger."
"I want you to take this letter to Lord Are."
"Okay. We'll depart the day after tomorrow, maybe the day after that."
"You will leave now."
"No. First and foremost, it's too late for travelling now. Secondly, our contracts state that we get to rest for at last one day and a half between assignments."
"Hmpf. Do as you see fit, and go as soon as possible. Are you taking your horse?"
"Maybe. If I don't you can use Agyei for breeding."
"Fine with me. Now go."
"Yes, Niall." Kahu left.

1 comment:

  1. I was confused when he was saying Selene at first!! XD
    Nice update though!

    ReplyDelete