Saturday, June 4, 2011

Feathers of the Hawk Chapter 12

Again, too short, way overdue and a cliffhanger. Sorry. But this time, I have an excuse. My USB-stick decided to stop working. Guess where all my stories are? So, I have two chapters of Death Has Blue Eyes in the planning, all written, all I have to do is type it in Word. The fact that I lost my save files means that I'm stopping my Hogwarts Fanfic. Sorry. I had plans, but I don't want to write it right now. Maybe I'll start a new story, maybe I won't. I'll see. For now, enjoy this chapter and I'll  try to get Death has Blue Eyes out ASAP. Luckily, I still have the pictures.









Kahu was the first one to react. Within seconds, she had notched an arrow on the bow Eyolf hadn't even noticed before.
"Be silent and stay down," she hissed at Eyolf, proving that her training, with her brother,  had been more thorough than Eyolf's.
"Show yourself," she called, loud enough for the intruder to hear. A small boy entered the clearing.
"Luíz! What are you doing here?"
"You know him?"
"I'm sorry, Aunt Selene."
"Yes, Eyolf," Kahu said, choosing to answer Eyolf's question before saying anything about Luíz's apology. With her next words, she sent Eyolf a look. 'Don't tell him', it said.  "I know the boy. He's my nephew. And you, Luíz, you better have a very good reason for sneaking out of Skye Manor." Kahu put her arrow back in her quiver, and slung the bow over her back.
"A reason like yours?" Eyolf wasn't sure, but he thought that Kahu shot her nephew an angry look because of his smug smile. 
"You do not want to go there, Luíz." Eyolf believed Kahu – as did her nephew.
"I snuck out of Skye Manor because Dad had told me that I had to follow you if you sneaked away – whether it be alone or with someone, because of what happened two years ago."
"Thank you, Luíz, but I remember very well what happened two years ago. Tell your father that he doesn't need someone who follows me. I can handle things myself very well."
"You know he won't believe it. He likes 'protecting' his little sister." Luíz looked as if he didn't know why anyone would want to protect Kahu. Eyolf didn't know either.
"Kahu, if you'd like me to, I could tell Niall that I can protect you," Eyolf suggested.
"Thanks, Eyolf, but I doubt that it'll work – you're the one he doesn't trust."
"It was worth a try."
"Yeah, it was," Kahu admitted, smiling, before kissing him. Luíz made puking sounds, which resulted in him cowering away at an angry glance of Kahu's.
"Shut up and come here, Luíz." Reluctantly, Luíz came.
"Luíz, I want you to do something for me," Kahu said, pulling a necklace from under her shirt. "I want you to put on this necklace, Luíz."
"Why?"
"You will know. Put it on, Luíz." Kahu's voice was just as commanding as Are's could be. Both Luíz and Eyolf felt it. Luíz put on the necklace. For a few seconds, nothing happened. Then there was a lynx in Luíz's place…

3 comments:

  1. Overdue, but a great chapter!
    I'm sorry to hear about your saves, too. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it sucks. I had the whole epilogue of Death Has Blue Eyes finished. But, as I said, I still have all my pictures (= covers of the stories).

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yes, overdue. I'll try to post sooner!

    ReplyDelete