Thursday, July 14, 2011

Feathers of the Hawk Chapter 13 1/2

Okay, so this is more of a prelude for the next chapter than a chapter that stands on itself, but I'll post the full chapter as soon as I can.







Kahu walked to her rooms, with Eyolf trailing behind her. At Kahu’s door, they stopped, Kahu thinking, and Eyolf looking at her.
“You might as well come with me, it’s not as if I’m going to put on a dress.”
“Why did I suspect something like that?”
Kahu grinned at this remark. “Maybe because you’ve never seen me wear one? Besides, Niall can be as smart as he says he is, I won’t fit the dresses I left here. I have no choice but to wear my trousers.”
Eyolf laughed loudly, before entering.
“So, what are you going to do? Just sitting here doesn’t sound like the kind of thing you’d do,” Eyolf said, when both of them were sitting on the floor.
“It isn’t,” answered Kahu. “If you’d like it, I could tell you a story. But you have to promise not to interrupt until I’ve finished.”
“I promise.”
“Then, be silent. The story I’m about to tell you really happened, not so far from here. It all began on a day, almost four years ago, a month before midsummer…”

1 comment: