Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Feathers of the Hawk Chapter 13

So, I had planned to post this chapter sooner, but Thursday and Friday I had to go to school, and after that I went to Paris. So, here is the new chapter. And, for those who hadn't seen it before, an OC quiz I took because I thought it would be fun.








"Kahu? What happened?"
"I – the necklace. When you have the right blood, it forces your first shift upon you. Are's invention."
"Why didn't you use it on your brother?"
"You have to be around the age of your first shift. Niall is far past that."
"Yes? How old is he, then?"
"I'm eight years younger than my youngest brother, eight years older than my nephew."
"So Luíz is nine?"
"Yes. If you are between eight and thirteen years old, you shift for the first time. Therefore, the necklace only works between those ages."
"I see."
Luíz growled. 
"No, little one, I haven't forgotten about you. Come, I will take the necklace back." The lynx came and allowed Kahu to take the necklace. Immediately he became a boy again.
"Luíz, how are you?"
"I – I guess I'm fine. So that necklace changed me?"
"No, my boy. It only showed your natural talent. You have always had the right blood, but it never showed. The necklace only forces your shift."
"I know. I heard you and him talking."
"I have a name, you know," Eyolf interrupted.
"Sorry. I just don't know how to address someone who is neither family nor a noble. My father doesn't allow me to talk to those people."
"It's fine," reassured Eyolf. "I haven't taken offense. You can call me Eyolf."
"Thank you, … Eyolf."
"When did my brother teach you manners?" Of course it had been Kahu to ask that question.
"Well, Are visited some time ago."
Kahu broke into a laugh. "That explains it. Anyway, maybe we should get back. Niall'd kill me if I endangered his heir. Although you can't inherit the holding anymore. One last thing, Luíz. You cannot tell Niall about your shift. You have to keep it secret."
"Yes, Aunt Selene."
They went back, all human, all sunken in thoughts.
"Antonio Luíz Skye! Where have you been?"
Niall's angry voice startled all of them. They had just snuck through the gap in the fences of Skye Manor, where Niall had been waiting. 
"Hells," Kahu muttered. Niall glared at her, while Kahu glared back.
"Sister. Go to your room and get a dress. Dinner was supposed to be half an hour ago. Take him with you.  Antonio, come with me. I wish to speak to you."
"Niall. You shouldn't be angry with L – Antonio. He followed me on your orders. It is not his fault that I found him. It is yours."
"Silence! He is my son, and he shall come with me. Leave, sister." Kahu did as he had ordered, but only because she wasn't in the mood for an argument.
"Fine. Come, Eyolf. We shall leave them alone and get changed for dinner." Kahu kissed Eyolf, of course while Niall could still see it, and then she took off, running.
"I thought you didn't want him to know?"
"I still don't, but he was asking for it."
"You never let someone order you around, do you?"
"Nope." It felt good to both of them to laugh while they were walking to the house.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to find out what Are says/does to Luiz! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ehm... You remember that Luíz's father is Niall, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I know! I just wanna know if he says anything... XD
    And woops, my first post I messed up! I meant Niall... >.<

    ReplyDelete