Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Storm McGonagall: A Hogwarts Fanfic: A Promise

Book One, Chapter 2

So, maybe I didn't explain it correctly last time. The whole setting and most of the persons are copyrighted by J.K. Rowling. The characters I made up until now:
- Storm McGonagall
- Some Muggles

Any other persons I invent, are copyrighted by me. The story takes place in 2011 or so, but McGonagall and Dumbledore are both fairly young, just like most other persons. I just ditched Voldemort's birth. I might mess the ages of some persons that are copyright J.K. Rowling up, but I will says so if I do. 
I did get some ideas from a story called Liliana Snape, link.
I think that was all. If it wasn't, you'll hear next chapter.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Storm was shocked. Her mother - Deputy Headmistress of a school for Witchcraft and Wizardry? No. This was a joke. Even though Minerva McGonagall didn't make jokes, this must be one. Everyone knew that wizards didn't exist, right? But why did she feel as if it was true? As if she was a witch? Because it would explain everything? All the 'incidents'? All the things that had caused Storm McGonagall to be a freak? She was a freak, after all, but somehow she couldn't imagine all wizards and witches to be like her. No one could be a loner like she was, an eleven-year-old girl without friends,who loved reading, being outside and running. Who was smart, sometimes she even outsmarted her teachers. And, of course, a girl who never backed out of a fight. She was a freak - and proud of it. But a witch? No way. 
Christmas break wouldn't come soon enough for Storm. She always had looked forward to it, but this year was worse.  This year, she had found out that her mother had lied to her. For eleven years. Finally, the day her mother would pick her up arrived.
"Mom!"
"Storm!"Minerva McGonagall embraced her young daughter. Her daughter. Even after eleven years, it felt strange to use that word. Her daughter.
"Come, my darling, we will go home."
"Erm, Mrs. McGonagall?" That was Mr. Gabha, the headmaster of Uafásach, Storm's boarding school. "If I have understood you correctly, you are taking Storm away from here - forever?"
"Yes. She has told me multiple times about the bullying and this fight was the last thing I needed to take her away."
"If I may be so bold, why now?"
"Now that she has turned eleven, she is old enough to be admitted into the school where I teach. Goodbye, Mr. Gabha." With those words, Professor McGonagall took Storm away from there forever.
"What is this Hogwarts?"
"It is the school where I teach," answered Professor McGonagall.
"You've told me that before."
"I'll tell you when we're home. Muggles can't know about it. Oh, Storm, I am so proud!"
"Why? Did you think that I wouldn't be …"
"No, I have always know that you were one of us. This is just a confirmation."
They sat in silence for a while. When it became clear that neither of them was going to talk anytime soon, Storm dug out her iPod and scrolled through her playlists, looking for a song. She settled on 'I'll Make A Man Out Of You', from Mulan.
At home, Professor McGonagall took Storm to her study - an exact copy of her room at Hogwarts, though Storm didn't know that, of course.
"What do you want to know?"
"Everything. Why didn't you tell me before?"
"I didn't tell you because it's impossible to trust a child that might want to impress her friends."
"Even when it turned out that I didn't have any friends?"
"Yes. I am so sorry, Storm."
"Sorry doesn't buy you anything."
Professor McGonagall sighed. Storm was too stubborn - she had inherited it from her mother. "You're right. I should have told you. But I didn't. So -" she took her wand out of her pocket - "What is that?" - and lighted a fire. Then she made two comfortable chairs appear and summoned some tea and food. "Sit down and I'll tell you everything."

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear the explanation! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but that might take a while - I have test week and therefore can only work in blocks of 10 minutes a time and at night before I go to sleep.

    And right now I'm writing Feathers of the Hawk 7, so...

    ReplyDelete