Thursday, July 7, 2011

Death Has Blue Eyes 6

Sorry for the long wait! School was kinda hectic, and I just wasn't in the mood to type it in. School has ended now, though, so I'll be posting more soon.





After lunch we went to our dojo to spar for a while, but after one and a half hour Ricky went back to her bed, claiming that she was tired. Worried as I was, I followed her.
"Dave, I know it's you. There's nothing you can do for me right now. Go make dinner, if you want to feel useful."
"How do you always know that it's me?"
Ricky sighed. "Dave, you're the only other person around here." Then came something I couldn't catch. "Who else could it be?"
"I guess you're right. If I make dinner, will you eat some?"
"Yes, Dave, I'm just tired."
"I'll see you soon at the table, then."
"Okay."
After a while, Ricky emerged from her bedroom and came to the kitchen.
"Hi." Her voice was softer than normal.
"Hi. Ricky, you're not here. Is something wrong?"
"Well, now that you mention it, there is one thing."
"What is it?"
"I think you'd better sit down, Dave." I sat. "Dave, I – I'm pregnant."

1 comment: